Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shabby Chic Christmas Trees - The few and the proud

As of this year I have started to love shabby chic Christmas trees. I admit that this may be due to them being a rare breed. Because of this fact I have been spending hours desperately searching online to find some proper chic trees. This means that when I do find one I get very excited. And when I say "shabby chic" I don't mean just any white tree with pink ornaments thrown on it. There is more criteria than that although, it is hard to explain what makes something officially shabby chic. I know that the tree needs to be either white or light-to-medium pink (definitely not hot pink) and adornments consist of one or more of the following: ribbon, pearl-like garland and pink/white decorations (ornaments, lights, ribbons). A nice big bow or Victorian angel/fairy does wonders too. Even with all that in consideration let's face the facts. All you really have to do to determine if something is TRUELY shabby chic is be a woman, or have access to one. Simple eh? On to the chicness:



Possibly my favorite tree on this blog.

Looking at it I am reminded of a Victorian dress. I love the use of blue to contrast the subtle pinks and whites. This lady knows what she's doing. Hard not to get tree envy eh?

Photo: eg2006 from Flickr.com (Real Name: Anne-Marie)




Here is another tree that makes me swoon.

This is the only other tree I could find that represents chicness. I love all the different shades of pink used not just in the tree but the picture itself. The flowers on the curtains, the flush wall and the adorable figurines to go along with everything. It's just perfect!

Photo: Elegance & Whimsy Website




If you have any chic or Victorian related objects/pictures (trees, valentine's day related, weddings, Easter, etc.) send it to holidaytrees@gmail.com to be featured on the next chic thread.

4 comments: